Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Monthly Review - June Edition ๐Ÿ“


Hi reader,

Welcome back to the Sally's Baking Addiction monthly newsletter. Happy almost July! I've been back in the kitchen more than I've had time for this year, so you'll see several more new (or old & improved!) recipes from me this summer. Sometimes a break is what you need to feel inspired again-- especially in the kitchen!

But first, let's take a look at some of June's recipe highlights.

Reader Favorite Recipe In June ๐Ÿ’—

No Bake Cheesecake Jars

No bake cheesecake jars are a fun individual dessert to serve when you're short on time and don't feel like turning on the oven. There's no baking involved and you only need a handful of ingredients. Readers have reported they enjoy topping the jars with strawberry sauce, chocolate ganache, salted caramel, lemon curd, and more.

One reader said:

"Wow these cheesecake jars are incredible!! They truly do taste like a cheesecake mousse, so light and creamy, and SO easy to put together! Love that there's no overnight chill time needed! I'll definitely be making these again" ★★★★★
- Robyn


Recipes Published in June

Don't miss the new recipes I published this month. A couple were older recipes that I knew could use some improvements and fresh new photos.

  1. Strawberry Vanilla Crisp with more fruit
  2. Cherry Almond Buckle
  3. Savory Quick Bread
  4. Cherry Pie with thicker filling
  5. Chocolate Marble Banana Bundt Cake


June Baking Challenge Update

The June Sally's Baking Challenge recipe is Savory Quick Bread. See details here.

My team and I publish a new challenge recipe every month on the 1st. Participating is completely optional and just something exciting to add to your month! The July Sally's Baking Challenge recipe will be published on Thursday. If you love the monthly challenges, make sure you sign up for Sally's Baking Challenge emails (separate from our regular email list) so you never miss a challenge recipe or announcement.

About the Savory Quick Bread, 1 participant said:

"As someone who'd never thought to attempt a savory bread before, I loved this recipe! It was fun and easy to make, and a great side dish to multiple meals. I went with a Cheddar, Bacon, and Chive variation, and it got high reviews from my family. (And it smelled absolutely wonderful while baking!)" ★★★★★ - Emma


Here's What You've Been Baking

I love seeing my recipes in your kitchen. (Many readers share recipe photos on our Facebook page & in our Facebook group.)

Glazed Coconut Lime Cookies by Danielle

Lemon Cupcakes with Blackberry Frosting by Andrea

Toasted S'more Chocolate Chip Cookies by Emil

Blueberry Scones by Anne

Mini Key Lime Pies by Betsy

Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread by Sam


And here's what I've been making: Strawberry Shortcake. I strive to perfect each and every one of my recipes, so I took time to further test the biscuit dough this month. With a slight tweak to the amount of flour and a small adjustment to the leavener, we have an even better result! I added detailed instructions on how to fold the dough and a few new pictures to the post, too. (Original recipe can be found in the notes.)


New Quick Video Tutorials

While I always include detailed step-by-step directions and photos for every new recipe published, I know how helpful it is to watch a recipe come together on video. My team has been updating older recipes with short video tutorials and here's several we produced in June:

  1. Berry Cobbler
  2. Easy Homemade Sprinkle Cake
  3. Angel Food Cupcakes
  4. Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
  5. Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
  6. Lemon Pudding Cakes
  7. Pavlova (many have requested a video for this one!)


Recipe Reviews ๐ŸŽ‰

Glazed Orange Bundt Cake

"Thank you, Sally for this amazing recipe! I made it for a neighborhood potluck in the park and it was a super hit! Perfectly moist, tight yet light crumb, bursting with flavor, and so hard to resist. One of my neighbors who usually doesn't eat cakes had two slices! This was the perfect dessert for a summer potluck! Thank you so much. "
- Ritz

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

"Delicious, dark and moist chocolate cake that the secret ingredient remains a secret! I made the cake exactly as the recipe called for. This is a great recipe and we will use it as a go to during zucchini season!"
- Rachelle

Brown Butter Blueberry Peach Crisp

"I won the award for the "Best Crisp Ever" at a dinner party this weekend. I followed directions and baking time exactly except to add chopped pecans. Sally, I can always count on your recipes to be excellent. Thank you."
- Cherie


4th of July Dessert Ideas

Happy Baking,
Sally



No comments:

Post a Comment