Saturday, October 31, 2020

Welcome to your 7-Day Kick Start! 🔥 (And Tip #1)

Hello, and thanks for subscribing!

Over the next 7 days, I'll be sending you tips and recipes to help make healthy living as easy as possible. Because if it's not easy, you probably won't stick with it.

 
Tip #1: Stop Trying to Be Perfect
 
Whatever you do, don't become a perfectionist during this process.
 
When you learn about a new lifestyle, or want to see results fast, it can be tempting to dive-in headfirst, like saying "I'm giving up ALL sugar!" or "I'm never going to eat gluten again!"
 
But, do you know what happens if you commit to that, and then later have a little slip-up?
 
You might feel guilty, and possibly even ashamed of yourself, and then you might be tempted to keep going in the opposite direction… because you already "blew it" for the day. (Or for the week, or for the month.)
 
This is how the cycle of yo-yo dieting and binge eating occurs. Trust me, I struggled with it for years. You can read about what my binge eating looked like, if you want to.
 
It's embarrassing, but it happens more often than you might think to people who attempt to diet.
 
So… tip #1 is to NOT be a perfectionist about whatever lifestyle choices you make. I recommend starting with something that almost seems "too easy" for you.
 

How to Get Started
 
If this is new to you, start by just changing your breakfast routine.
 
Try starting your day with a filling, produce-packed smoothie. Or, if smoothies aren't your thing, try adding a serving of vegetables to your morning, like Sweet Potato Toast, or adding big handful of spinach to your scrambled eggs.
 
When you "add" something to your day, rather than "restrict" something, you're more likely to stick with it. You might even crowd-out some unhealthier choices later, without even thinking about it.
 
Here are 15 produce-packed breakfast ideas to help you get started:
 
  1. Detox Smoothie
  2. Sweet Potato Toast (an easy make-ahead option)
  3. Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie
  4. Sweet Potato Hash
  5. Egg Muffins
  6. Favorite Green Smoothie
  7. Avocado Toast
  8. Zucchini Oatmeal
  9. Favorite Chocolate Smoothie
  10. Beet Smoothie (so good!)
  11. Spirulina Smoothie
  12. Easy Flax Seed Smoothie
  13. Kale Smoothie
  14. Strawberry Banana Smoothie
  15. Sweet Potato Smoothie
  16. Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
 
If you try one of these recipes, do me a favor and leave a comment directly on the recipe post. I'd love to hear what you think, and then I can cheer you on as you go!


Important!

If you want to get rest of the 7-Day Kick Start series, it's important that you make sure you've given me permission to email you more than once per week.

If you only want to hear from me once per week, you'll only get my weekly email from here on out. (Usually I write these on Saturday mornings.)

To get the full 7-Day Kick Start, be sure to update your profile by using the link below, and click "email me every time there's a new post" to get the rest of my bonus emails this week. (You can ALWAYS change this later by clicking on the same link.) You'll also be notified when I post a new recipe on my website, in case you want to check it out.

Update your settings here: https://detoxinista.us10.list-manage.com/profile?u=8f29773fc11fb71154ee34e48&id=093ce3b5ce&e=23431e7d52
 
Until next time,
Megan


P.S. If you are already a PRO at eating a healthy breakfast, you can check out food combining for another way to streamline your digestion, without giving up entire food groups.

I already have a list of properly combined recipes if you want to experiment with it. (Again, without being a perfectionist about it. I don't food combine all the time, either!)




Didn't mean to subscribe to my emails? You can easily unsubscribe here.

 
Detoxinista
P.O. Box 7133
Overland Park, KS 66207

Add us to your address book
 


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment