Thursday, May 30, 2024

What I'm Loving Right Now: May 2024

What I'm Loving Right Now: May 2024

Click here to read this on the website and share a comment.


It's time for monthly favorites!

Here is everything we've used and loved lately…

Food

Dorio Drillo & Friends with Chocolate Chips - I bought these at a local Italian market and I think I probably like them better than the kids! They taste like buttery, sandy shortbread studded with little mini chocolate chips. The perfect thing when you want something a little sweet but not over the top.

MadeGood Mornings Soft Baked Oat Bars - My kids love MadeGood granola bars (and granola minis) and they're a great option for school snacks, which have to be nut-free, so I thought we'd try these. The kids all love them! I bought these and the blueberry ones and while they ate both, all three of them preferred the cinnamon flavored ones.

Built Bars - I am still loving the chocolate chip cookie dough chunk puff Built bars for an easy snack or quick breakfast. I have tried some other bars and am still loving how much protein these offer with such a low amount of sugar. My favorite!

Clothes

Good American Good Legs Light Compression Jeans - I bought these a couple of months ago and LOVE them! I could wear them as-is as regular straight jeans (look best with some type of heal), but I also roll the bottoms to make them a little cropped and more casual. I went down a size from my usual size in jeans based on reviews and they're a great fit, very flattering.

Home

Dawn Powerwash Spray - I got this after my aunt mentioned how much she loves it while we were washing dishes on Thanksgiving. It cuts through grease (pans, stovetop, etc) so easily and I even use it for stubborn stains!

Uproot Clean Pro Pet Hair Remover - My husband bought this on a whim after seeing an ad for it, thinking it would help to pull up dog hair when they ride in the back of his car, and also on our stairs. It worked remarkably well! And bonus - Dominic and Isabelle loved using it!

PackIt Freezable Snack Bag - I talked about these a lot at the start of the school year, as our kids all have one that they use when they want to take a snack to school that needs to be kept refrigerated. I'm sharing again since we've used them all for another entire school year, they are in great shape, and I'm sure they'll get plenty of use over the summer bringing snacks to the park, on adventures, etc. The whole thing going into the freezer, and you can fit quite a lot in them, we love them!

Books and TV

This past month, I went on an Abby Jimenez reading spree! I finished all three books in the series and I LOVED every single one of them:

They are all standalone stories, but many of the same characters make appearances, so if you read them out of order you would figure out how previous stories turned out. Highly recommend them all, especially if you are looking for lighter reads at the pool or beach (or deck or porch) this summer!

Here are some of the things we've watched and liked this past month:

  • John Wick movies (we are so late to the game!) and the spinoff series, The Continental
  • C.B. Strike
  • A couple new episodes of Vera (love her!)
  • The Ipcress File
  • Trigger Point (probably my favorite one this month)
  • After the Flood

Kids

Lego Creator Super Robot - Dominic built this one completely by himself and loved it!

Magical Scratch Art Book - Isabelle got this for her birthday and she LOVES it. She will spend so much time sitting and creating pictures.

High-Waisted PowerSoft Skort - This is one of the new pieces I got Isabelle for summer and she LIVES in it; I don't blame her, it's so light and soft! (It is not nearly as short on her as it appears in the picture.)

What were your favorite finds this month?




No comments:

Post a Comment