Tuesday, April 23, 2024

A Healthy Breakfast Just Got Easier!

Hey there reader

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been sharing all of my favorite oatmeal recipes. If you're an oatmeal lover like me, then I'm sure you love all of these recipes. If not, then hold tight because we will move on to healthy dinner ideas and recipes soon.

Anyway, let's get to another way to enjoy oatmeal - baked oatmeal cups. This is my youngest daughter's favorite breakfast.

Baked oatmeal cups are easy to make, versatile, kid-friendly, portable, and keep great in the refrigerator and freezer. If you're looking for an oatmeal recipe to enjoy on the way to school or work, then this is it.

Here's a tutorial I put together on baked oatmeal cups and our favorite recipes ๐Ÿ‘‡

Here are some highlights.

  • A basic baked oatmeal recipe uses rolled oats, eggs, milk, and sweetener. I haven't had luck using instant oats or steel-cut oats with baked oatmeal recipes. Instant oats are too mushy, and steel-cut oats don't soften up. Rolled oats are just right :) They are soft enough to cook and firm enough to keep a bite after it cooks.
  • You can cook baked oatmeal recipes in either a 9-inch square pan or muffin pan. I like using a muffin pan because it makes a perfectly portion-controlled breakfast.
  • Whether baking it in a 9-inch pan or muffin tin pan, you will bake it for 30 minutes in a 350-degree oven. Of course, there are exceptions, and it will depend on your oven, but that's the general baking instructions.
  • After the baked oatmeal is done baking and cooled a bit, you can store it in the fridge or freezer. To eat the baked oatmeal, we warm it up in the microwave and pour a little maple syrup over the top. My kids sometimes grab one to eat in the car and enjoy it like a cupcake.
  • The great thing about baked oatmeal cups is that you can make a double or triple batch and individually freeze to eat later. Take it out of the freezer and either immediately warm up in the microwave or let it thaw on the way to work or school. You can even stick a baked oatmeal cup in a lunch box.

Here are the most popular baked oatmeal cup recipes on Organize Yourself Skinny.

If you try any of my baked oatmeal recipes, I would LOVE and be so grateful if you could head over to my blog to leave a rating and review.

Have a nice weekend!

Tammy Overhoff

Organize Yourself Skinny

Ps. Hey, have you checked out my shop, Reset & Flourish? If not, let me tell you all about it!

At Reset & Flourish, you can find many helpful resources to help you fit a healthier lifestyle into your busy schedule. From freezer prep guides to 10-day challenges and eBooks, there's something for everyone. And that's not all! I'm also creating workshops and courses that will make healthy living more manageable. I'm constantly adding new resources to my shop, so check back often. Check out the Reset & Flourish Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment