Monday, November 1, 2021

Eat & Live Goodness with Sharon Palmer, November 2021

View this email in your browser

November 2021
Gratitude and Self Care  

As the scarlet leaves from the pear tree swirl around my porch, and the sunlight bends to that particular golden shade that makes everything look just a touch lovelier, I am reminded that this time of year signals a period of reflection upon the things we are grateful for. For me, in the nutrition world, my thoughts linger upon how grateful I am for a safe, healthful abundant food supply, which provides me with the nutrients I need to fight disease, as well as the ingredients to express my love and joy through nourishing meals I prepare for those I care for. Food is more than just a bundle of vitamins, minerals, fats, proteins, and carbs, it is a way of life. It is our culture, stories, aromas, memories, traditions—all handed down through the generations as we gather daily to break bread. When I make my homemade Baked Veggie Lasagna for my son when he comes home from college this month, I know he will be reminded of how much he missed that dish while hunkered down in his college apartment. And we will linger over our meal, and laugh about some distant memory. And as we gather for the holidays with loved ones and share our favorite dishes, such as my Maple and Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts, we will remember those meals of the past and how food brought us together. Starting today, World Vegan Day, I'm going to be sharing some of those memorable, plant-based recipes that mean so much to me, and I hope you enjoy a few of them in your own kitchen too. I'm also going to be highlighting how to create your own food traditions over the holidays, as well as how you can help your kids build gratitude for healthy food.

I also want to express my genuine thanks for the outpouring of support you've showered on me while I am on my cancer journey. Last month I had a surgical procedure and more testing to get ready to start treatment this month, so your words of encouragement are appreciated. Indeed, I have heard from hundreds of people across the world who have shared their stories of strength, including the nutrition strategies that have worked for them. I am providing my own tips for self-care during a health diagnosis, the recipe (upon popular request) for my daily antioxidant cancer-fighting smoothie (pictured above), and my healing soup video for surgical recovery. Look for more self-care and wellness tips in the month of November, including my cancer-fighting diet regimen and truly "clean" home cleaning tips. I want to continue to hear from you! Let's tell our stories and lift each other up so we can be stronger together! And remember, try to minimize the holiday hustle and bustle just enough to focus on caring for yourself. Take time to sip a cup of herbal tea, cuddle in a soft blanket with a book, practice a 10-minute meditation, or take a walk along a tree-lined path.

With Gratitude, 
Helping Kids Express Gratitude for Healthful Foods
Let's celebrate a month of gratitude! Help the whole family recognize the beauty of an abundant, healthy food supply with my tips here

 

50 BEST Plant-Based Thanksgiving Recipes
Plant-power your Thanksgiving menu with this collection of top plant-based recipes in all categories. 

 
Instagram Plant-Powered Live Show
Stay tuned for my wellness advice and cooking classes 0n my Instagram Live show Thursdays at 3 pm PT. Follow me for updates on my show schedule on Instagram @SharonPalmerRD. 

Best Gluten-Free Baking Mixes
I'm sharing my favorite grain-free, gluten-free baking mixes in this article by Huffington Post - just in time for the holidays!

Veestro
Get delicious plant-based meals delivered right to your door with Veestro. Order now and take advantage of 30% off with this discount code!
Life Extension
For a full line of my favorite, plant-based supplements check out Life Extension. Right now enjoy $10 off and free shipping here!


These offers are through affiliate programs.
California Vegan is Live! 
I'm so excited to announce that my new book, California Vegan, is live at bookstores across the nation, Amazon, Apple, and my site. Get yours today!

Caribbean Foodways
Learn about the abundant supply of plant foods that are a key part of the rich traditions in Caribbean foodways in my Today's Dietitian cover feature
About Sharon 
Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RD is The Plant-Powered Dietitian. She is an award-winning food and nutrition journalist based in Ojai, California. Sharon speaks, writes, and blogs about her passion for delicious, healthful, sustainable plant-based foods every day. Check out her three books, and don't forget to follow Sharon on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and her blog. If you'd like to work with Sharon, please contact her here.
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
LinkedIn
YouTube
Copyright © 2021 Sharon Palmer, RD, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website.

Our mailing address is:
Sharon Palmer, RD
PO Box 967
Ojai, CA 93024

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment