Friday, September 17, 2021

It's here it's here it's here!

Logo

Hot off the presses!

Bacon is never a bad idea.

The cookbooks are shipping! The cookbooks are shipping! I hope some of you are receiving them now, or (lucky!) have received them already. Again, I so appreciate every one of you who placed those pre-orders, and that meant that you got them first (and can now also leave an Amazon review for it, nudge nudge wink wink.) I am so glad it's here now especially too because I keep hearing rumblings about supply chain issues potentially affecting later publications right now, and lots of companies are making statements about ordering books for the holidays NOW to avoid being disappointed. This all seems bonkers early to start holiday shopping but I've seen it mentioned at least 3x in the past week so it might be worth looking into…

Now, of course the beauty of these simple and delicious recipes is that you can whip these up in the kitchen on your own quickly and with not a lot of fuss. But, maybe you are someone who likes a little fuss and you enjoy cooking with someone else, or maybe your kid is becoming your sous chef and you both have your own cutting boards set up. As always, I'd love to hear about how these recipes turn out for you, but also how you are really using the cookbooks in your home, from solo cheffing to bringing in the whole family. Personally, I am the solo chef and prefer the hardback copy if available over looking at a screen, but I think this may largely be due to the fact that I am a Gen Xer?

In doing the research for this cookbook I realized that some of my oldest recipes have memories on the pages that I just would not have with a digital version — handwritten holiday cookie recipes that were passed down through my family that have chocolate and flour marks, or a dogeared page from The Silver Palate for a favorite Chicken Marbella recipe that I just couldn't get enough of for a while. I really hope that the Dinner Then Dessert cookbook ends up creating recipe memories for all of you who have a copy.

Okay, I know I sound like a giant sap, sorry! I told you this book was my baby! I am personally making some Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf right this very minute and don't need the recipe in front of me in any format because I'm just that good (HA), but I won't tell if you need that link from the site and/or enlist the kids in doing the mixing! Here's what else I have been thinking about this past week:

  • Just zoomed through this show. I know I am late to this one but it had all my favorites: strong and complicated female characters, crime and mystery, a sense of humor, and glamorous locations. So glad there will be a second season!

  • Do you ever just do a charcuterie board and call it a day? This board is so pretty and looks like it costs way more than it does.

  • I spent 30 minutes trying to get from Clever to Seesaw to iReady and scanned QR codes until my head was spinning, and then a friend sent me this and I laughed and laughed.

  • Do you swap your bags out once the weather changes? I always love a leather bag with two ways of carrying it and not a lot of hardware, so it can go from the park to dinner without a hitch. This one from Madewell is on sale and I keep almost buying it...

  • Hello I love this toy because it keeps my kids quiet in the car and it isn't a screen!

  • But for when we need screens 😂, I just added Hoopla and Kanopy to our TV and we can now check out movies for free from our library. Why didn't anyone tell me about this sooner?

  • Why are there no moms in kids' movies?! P.S. Caitlin Reilly also nails the LA mom.

  • Have had this song on repeat lately — so good!

Hope your weekend doesn't have as many children's sports as mine does ;) See you next week!

Facebook iconInstagram iconTwitter icon
Logo

Copyright (C) 2021 Dinner, then Dessert. All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you signed up to follow all the deliciousness happening over at Dinner, then Dessert. Thanks for that, by the way!

Our mailing address is:

Dinner, then Dessert
2351 Sunset Blvd Ste 170-950
Rocklin, CA 95675

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment