Friday, August 13, 2021

Are you hungry? Who's hungry?

Logo

Yes, you should make these sloppy joes this weekend.

The Ultimate Sloppy Joes that you need in your life. https://dinnerthendessert.com/ultimate-sloppy-joes/

I am feeling it — the push to get everything crossed off our summertime list. It snuck up so fast and my kids are asking about their backpacks and I may have freaked out a little bit at the thought of the lunches, the rushing out the door, and the chaos that is three kids in school. I mean, the chaos of three kids is just already a lot, but then you add in having to get to school so no one is marked tardy and someone forgets their shoes or something and then that's me, turning around to rush back.

So, with that looming, I am letting the kids run in the sprinklers and then we have ice cream sandwiches BEFORE dinner, which I know goes against the actual name of my site but you won't tell anyone, right? ;)

Oh, and somehow in my head sloppy joes are the best food to make right now to bridge this gap between summer and fall; we like to eat them outside (because… three kids and a dish with "sloppy" in the name is just asking for trouble). These have the familiarity and nostalgia of school lunches, but, ahem, I promise this one is better than the one from your childhood cafeteria.

Onto the links!

  • Have all your kids been watching Luca nonstop like mine? We are going to get all the ingredients together for this recipe so we can have dinner and a movie!

  • This sunscreen is the best. I wear it daily, and it is not greasy and even the regular version never makes me look like a white ghost.

  • Oh, and sun protection for my kids looks like this these days. Zippers + rash guards + cute colors = I don't have to fight with a wet and tired kid to get this over their head!

  • Britney is free! Or, at least, mostly? Highly recommend watching the documentary if you haven't already.

  • Someone told me about this site a while ago, and then I forgot about it until recently and now they have new features. So relaxing and draws me right in every time.

  • I go through podcast periods, where I listen like crazy and then stop until I find a new one. Of course Glennon Doyle has made one that has me laughing and crying and nodding my head in recognition.

  • Watching these women win gold for the first time ever was really incredible. I play volleyball for fun and my jaw just falls open watching these athletes do what they do!

Hope it's a beautiful weekend out there for you all :)

Facebook iconInstagram iconTwitter icon
Logo

Copyright (C) 2021 Dinner, then Dessert. All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you signed up to follow all the deliciousness happening over at Dinner, then Dessert. Thanks for that, by the way!

Our mailing address is:

Dinner, then Dessert
2351 Sunset Blvd Ste 170-950
Rocklin, CA 95675

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment