Friday, June 10, 2022

Put down the phone; this is better than take-out!

logo

Hey reader,

It's Friday, and many of us will be reaching for the phone to order dinner. But put the phone down because I have a few favorite recipes that are "better than take-out."

When I started my weight loss journey, the first recipes I created were healthier versions of my favorite take-outs. And, believe it or not, ten years later, we are still eating these regularly.

We save money making our versions, but we also save on fat and calories. So, it's a win all around. And each one comes together in under 30 minutes, so these recipes can be on the table faster than if you had them delivered.

Let's start with this shrimp-fried rice recipe.

Oh, I love this recipe! If you have leftover brown rice in the refrigerator, stop at the store and grab a frozen stir fry veggies, 1lb of cleaned shrimp, and have this Chinese food classic on the table fast.

shrimp fried rice

If you're craving hot and spicy food, make these Buffalo chicken wraps. If you don't feel like cooking chicken, grab a rotisserie chicken instead.

buffalo chicken wraps

In a pizza mood? If you didn't have time to prepare fresh whole wheat pizza dough, consider making some pita pizzas. We love pita pizzas! They are great for portion control, and everyone can top them with their favorite ingredients. Don't forget to grab a bag of salad!

Those are my three favorite "take-out" recipes to make at home.

If you decide to make any of these, I'd love for you to share a picture in our Facebook group. Also, if you make any OYS recipe I'd be so grateful if you can head over to my blog and leave a 5-star rating and review. It helps me out so much with google! Thanks a bunch!

Have a great weekend!

Tammy Overhoff

Organize Yourself Skinny

PS. Did you know that I have an eBook? Actually, an eBook Bundle! This bundle includes the Organize Yourself Skinny eBook and 30-day Workbook. The eBook has an entire chapter on meal prep and freezer cooking. The bundle consists of 4 weeks of make-ahead meal plans. AND I even include a bonus 4-week freezer stock-up menu. You can check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment