Monday, June 6, 2022

Eat & Live Goodness with Sharon Palmer, June 2022

View this email in your browser

June 2022
Follow Nature's Nudge to
Nurture Yourself

Have you seen Her calling cards in the cool morning dew? Heard Her whisper with the warming afternoon breeze? June is the month when I set my intention on tuning into the gentle signs of spring turning to summer.  I love the outdoors and June kicks off a wonderful time to explore its irresistible appeal. Research supports what we've always intuitively known—being in nature is healthy for the mind and body. A recent study includes better nutrition as one of the perks of spending more time in nature. Researchers found that two or more hours a week in nature was associated with better mind, psychological, and physical health, as well as more healthful dietary intake, including higher fruit and vegetable consumption. It makes sense, doesn't it? When we're active outdoors, whether it's walking, hiking, or gardening, we feel good. Feeling good makes us want to eat foods that nurture body and mind. It also encourages us to eat diets linked with better planetary health
Join me as I take Nature's nudge into action. It's easier than you think! That National Park trip would be awesome, but getting a nature fix doesn't have to be an event. It can be super simple, like my June go-to's:

Top 5 Tips to Up Your Nature Time
  • Find the Green. The destination doesn't matter—seek out green in your backyard, local park, or a new trail in your neighborhood. 
  • Eat Outdoors. My family enjoys more summer meals on our backyard patio table than indoors. Cool mornings and evenings are the perfect setting.
  • Take a Walk. A walk in the neighborhood is not only energizing, you'll discover new sites, blooms, and pets with their people. 
  • Picnic. Pack a picnic or heat up the grill. Park, beach, tailgate, view spot off the hiking trail—try these 45 Plant-Based Summer Picnic Recipes
  • Enjoy Outdoor Tunes. Open-air summer concerts and festivals are the best! Local parks and venues welcome music lovers to picnic and dance under the stars. 
           With Gratitude, 
      

Going Camping?
I've got plant-based recipes that are easy to fix, easy to store, and quick to cook on a campfire in 30 Plant-Based Camping Recipes.  

Fuel Your Hike!
Be sure to pack water and plant-based foods to carry you through your outdoor adventures. I've got you dialed in with Plant-Based Eating on the Hiking Trail.  

I'm Quoted in Bicycling Magazine. Check out my take on eating with the seasons in All the Reasons You Should Eat Seasonal Produce—and What to Have Now.

I'm Interviewed on the Nordic Diet. Enjoy a listen to the Vitalita Health: Healthy Aging for GenX podcast, Is the New Nordic Diet for You?  
Register here to join me at the 2022 Plant-based Prevention of Disease Conference in Raleigh, NC June 25-26, where I'll be speaking on whole grains and sustainability. Click here to learn more.


Instagram Plant-Powered
Live Show

This month I'm partnering with CannedBeans.org and talking about how to cook with beans this summer, and I'll be cooking up my Curried White Bean Hummus. Join me on my Plant-Powered Live Cooking Show on Instagram June 21 at 3 pm PT @SharonPalmerRD and cook along with me! Get the recipe here

 

California Vegan is Live! 
I'm so excited to announce that my new book, California Vegan, is getting lots of positive buzz and is available across the nation: Amazon, Apple, and my site. Get yours today!

Grow Your Own Food Toolkit
It's the perfect time to grow your own food this month, so dig in with my FREE home gardening toolkit 
here
 
About Sharon 
Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RD is The Plant-Powered Dietitian. She is an award-winning food and nutrition journalist based in Ojai, California. Sharon speaks, writes, and blogs about her passion for delicious, healthful, sustainable plant-based foods every day. Check out her three books, and don't forget to follow Sharon on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and her blog. If you'd like to work with Sharon, please contact her here.
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
LinkedIn
YouTube
Copyright © 2022 Sharon Palmer, RD, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website.

Our mailing address is:
Sharon Palmer, RD
PO Box 967
Ojai, CA 93024

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment