Tuesday, August 17, 2021

🌟 NEW🌟 How to make Misugaru Drink  + ICY ❄️ Summer Drinks and Dessert!

Image item
 

Hello There!

 

 

Weather has been unusually muggy and hot in California last couple weeks and so it reminded me of the hot humid summer days in Korea.

Because there were no ACs  (or you would have one but couldn't really use it because we had to save electricity 😝) in homes in Korea when I was a kid, the main way to cool ourselves down was to drink or eat icy drinks, bingsu, popsicles and cold watermelons and sit or lie on top of a Dotjari λ—μžλ¦¬ with a fan on the side. Who remembers this?? haha

 

If you don't know, Dotjari are traditional Korean floor mats made with straw or bamboo. These mats were a life saver - cause it cooled your body down immediately and did not stick to your body like some other floors. Or should I say it's the other way around? Your body doesn't stick to the mat..hahaha..

Anyway, it really was the best way to cool you down.

 

So instead of Dongchimi (sorry, I still am not 100% happy with this so it's going to take longer), this week I decided to share Misugaru λ―Έμˆ«κ°€λ£¨! 

Misugaru (Korean Multigrain Powder) was one of my most favorite ways to cool down. Until now, I really didn't think this was a recipe worth sharing as it's just too simple to make. But then I found that most online recipes all mix the powder completely with the liquid which is NOT how I, my husband and my sisters grew up eating.

I realized this way of eating it must have gotten lost through generations…

So, I decided to make a quick recipe of this - in my opinion, it makes a huge difference between a fully mixed version vs my version. And more than anything I wanted to leave a record somewhere how we grew up with this drink. Hopefully, you will try it and notice the difference.

The video has my husband appearing how we used to drink this so hope you get to watch it! I also included a narrated version so you can just follow the video to make it.

More Cooling Drinks and Treats

Before summer is over, I wanted to share all my favorite summer drinks and foods that I grew up with. Hopefully, you can make memories with your children or for yourselves.

 

 

Stay safe and healthy everyone

 

XOXO ❤️,

JinJoo

 

 

MISUGARU (Multigrain Powder Drink)

Image item

I have 2 recipes - one with honey water and one with milk. 

Check them out below!

BINGSU 2 WAYS

Block 14th

You probably have had the classic Bingsu - made with sweet red beans, fruits, mochiko, sweet condensed milk and misugaru. But you probably never had the Watermelon Bingsu which is from my college days. This one is just made with watermelon, sweet condensed milk, and misugaru. So simple yet soo refreshing and yummy!! 

I used to eat this almost everyday when I was in college.. lol.

more summer treats!

Block 21st
 
Block 23rd
 
Block 25th
 

Foods for your digestion

Image item

I always had a sensitive stomach so I am always on the look out for foods that can possibly help with my digestion and gut health. Of course, this can never replace proper treatment or diagnosis but it's good to know!

 

Steamed Perilla Leaves

Image item

I had an abundant harvest of Perilla leaves last week so I made these steamed Perilla Leaves (Kkaennip Jjim). I haven't made these in a while and forgot how yummy it was!! Just get a bowl of rice and you will be doing a happy dance!! πŸ’ƒ

Hope you all have a good rest of the week.

Stay Safe and Healthy everyone~

❤️JinJoo
Block 47th
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
Twitter
Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment