Saturday, August 7, 2021

Here's Your Weekly Meal Plan! ❤

Hello again!

I hope August is treating you well so far, and that you're soaking up as much summer as you can. I can't believe my kids are going to be back to school so soon!

Also, in case you missed it, I finally got my air fryer review up. It covers 9 different models that I've tried in my own kitchen over the past few years. I hope it will come in handy if you've been considering an air fryer for your home!





Here's What You Missed

If you haven't visited my website this week, here's what else is new:

Healthiest Cookies Ever. These cookies have been a fan favorite for years, because they're made with simple, whole food ingredients. (NO flour, eggs, or oil required!) They got a little photo update this week, along with step-by-step photos so you'll know what to expect.

Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing. If I could only eat one salad for the rest of my life, it might be this one. Add freshly chopped mango if you have a ripe one on hand. The dressing will make you want to lick the bowl clean.

Air Fryer Review. If you prefer reading reviews rather than watching them, I cover the pros and cons of 9 different air fryers in one convenient place, including my favorite non-toxic options.



Cooking Videos

If you enjoy watching me cook in my kitchen, be sure to check out my latest video! I usually post at least one new tutorial every week.

Air Fryer Review. If you want to see all of the air fryers in action, watch this comprehensive video! You can skip to specific models, see how much space they take up, and how they handle different sized foods.

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel if you enjoy these!



Dinner Ideas for the Week

Need some dinner inspiration? Here are some delicious ideas to help!


Sunday: Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing. I can't think of a more delicious way to kick-off the week. Use the leftover dressing for another salad for lunch the next day!

Monday: Corn Chowder. It's prime corn season, but if you don't have fresh to use up, I usually use a bag of frozen corn to save time. To say this soup is delicious is an understatement.

Tuesday: Creamy Cajun Pasta. This has quickly become one of my family's new favorites. I can't believe how much flavor these simple ingredients create!

Wednesday: Apple Walnut Salad. This salad has it all-- flavor, texture, and the perfect dressing to bring it all together. Add any extra protein you love, liked crispy baked tofu or air fryer chicken breasts.

Thursday: Cauliflower Rice Jambalaya. Cauliflower rice lightens up this dish, but it's still packed with flavor! I use beans as a source of plant-based protein, but you can swap that out for any other protein you have on hand.

Friday: Pizza Stir Fry. Talk about comfort food in a fast skillet meal! You basically saute all of your favorite pizza toppings with shredded cabbage and pizza sauce. It's SO flavorful and simple, and easier than making a crust!

Saturday: Day off from cooking! (Leftovers or take-out)


Note: If you want all of your meals + snacks planned for you, the 5-Day Summer Reset includes shopping lists and meal prep guides to tell you EXACTLY what to do every day, and includes seasonal recipes that are designed to eliminate food waste.



Breakfast Ideas

Apple Smoothie. Literally one of the best smoothies you'll ever taste.

Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal. If the school year starting makes it feel like Fall, you can sneak some pumpkin into your morning with this easy breakfast!

Mushroom Bacon. It's almost too simple to be true, but if you follow this recipe to the letter (use shiitake mushrooms!!) you'll be blown away by the flavor, and melt-in-your-mouth crispiness.

Sweet Potato Hash. This simple sheet-pan breakfast is great for serving a large family. And it's so flavorful!

Almond Flour Pancakes. There grain-free pancakes are a fan favorite!

Asparagus Frittata with Goat Cheese. I love this combination of protein and veggies. It's like a quiche, with a lot less work!



Note: If you have any questions for me, the best place for me to respond is directly in the comments on my website. My email system is having issues with replies lately, so if you emailed me and didn't hear back, that's why! I read comments on my website everyday, so be sure to ask again there if I missed you.

Until next time, I hope you have a great week!

xo
Megan


*If you try a recipe this week, please take a moment to leave a star-rating and review directly on my website. It's one of the most helpful things you can do! It let's me know which recipes you are enjoying, and it's the best place to ask questions if you have any.

(It also lets Google know that other people like my recipes, and Google is what allows me to keep providing free recipes for you! We want to keep Google happy.)

 
My mailing address:
Detoxinista
P.O. Box 7133
Overland Park, KS 66207

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

No comments:

Post a Comment