It's October! You already know that, but here we are swinging into fall and the holiday months. I hope you've had a good week! Here's some highlights of mine:
My husband and I went on a little getaway to southern Utah. I've you've never been there, it's worth being on your bucket list. The national parks are unreal! I'll add a few pics below.
I did end up getting sick with a bad cold part way through, but decided that vacation sick is actually my favorite way to be sick. A great resort, room service, sleeping as much as I want, binging shows, no kids to worry about or mental energy to spend on things like what's-for-dinner. 10/10 recommend.
My neighbor who makes amazing Japanese food came over and taught me how to make gyoza- which was so fun!
The weather here is still warm and beautiful so I'm enjoying my bursting flower garden and being outside still, while we can!
On Our Table This Week
Listen. This is where I usually tell you all the recipes I made in real life, but I'm gonna be real real and tell you I hardly made anything this week haha. Coming off a vacation and not feeling great, it was a slow kitchen week!
Take-Out: Picked up Costa Vida on the way home from the airport because I'm not cooking anything on a travel day!
Homemade Goyza: Yes I ate approximately 487 of these.
Banana Bread:no one ate bananas while we were gone, but I'm not mad because #bananabread.
New Recipe: I did actually make a great new dinner recipe that I'll be posting super soon. I'll probably email it to you on Monday!
The Good List is where I share the food, finds, and everyday favorites I'd tell you about if you were sitting at my kitchen counter!
These adorable headphones are wrapped like a friendship bracelet. They come in several different colorways that are all so cute. Perfect price-point for gifting. I bought a few to keep on hand for the upcoming holiday season!
This was in my husband's toiletry bag on our trip. It's a solid cologne in the perfect little metal container that slides open. I gifted it to him for Father's day and also sent one to my son who lives out of the country and needs to pack light. Kiawah is my favorite!
You might already know I love Hey June, a female-owned jewelry company. They have great pieces that are well made but great prices as well. (I even designed a necklace with them!) They do the best little holiday collections and their Halloween stuff is so fun! My affiliate code is: SARA, which will give you a discount there, it should automatically apply with these links! Also. I haven't told anyone this and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to....buuuut I'm cooking up something new with Hey June, coming this fall! 👀
This is a great all-pupose bag for carry-on, or weekends, or whatever. On roadtrips I always stock it with all my toiletry stuff. I've had this bag for 4 years. It has a thing that slips over your suitcase handle for travel, tons of pockets inside, and comes in 16 colors! I love that I can just toss it in the washing machine as well. It has almost 30K good reviews.
This is how you know a middle-aged woman is writing these emails haha. Yes Fiber is a favorite things! I've shared this before and people actually message me a lot asking for the link! I have an Amazon subscription to this fiber. It's soluble so it really does just dissolve in anything. I add it to my Crystal Light packets (along with a scoop of unflavored creatine) for 6g of added fiber. Doesn't taste like anything!
Some product links may be affiliate links, which simply means I may earn a small commission if you purchase through them. That said, nothing on The Good List is ever sponsored or part of a brand partnership - these are all things I buy myself and love enough to share with my friends (that’s you!)
Sara Wells
Sara Wells co-founded Our Best Bites in 2008. She is the author of three Bestselling Cook Books, Best Bites: 150 Family Favorite Recipes, Savoring the Seasons with Our Best Bites, and 400 Calories or Less from Our Best Bites. Sara’s work has been featured in many local and national news outlets and publications such as Parenting Magazine, Better Homes & Gardens, Fine Cooking, The Rachel Ray Show and the New York Times.
No comments:
Post a Comment