It’s one of, if not my very, favorite months of the year. October gives me all the best feels. I live for a cozy autumn vibe, the colors of the leaves and all the cinnamony scents everywhere. I always struggle with “saving” my favorite or best things for a better time, and my goal is to not do that! I want every day to feel extra Octobery and special. Start combing through my seasonal/holiday notes. I’ve talked about this SO many times, but I keep very detailed notes for big events in our life - like holidays we host, vacations, kid’s parties, etc. I make notes right as things happen (so Thanksgiving night or the day after) to remind myself for the next year/party/gathering. Fall is our busiest time, so I always start looking through my notes now and doing what I need. Do Octobery things on regular days. Right now, I’m at about 80% October and 20% regular life. I LOVE IT. If my kids want a snack, let’s make it Halloween themed. Let’s gift someone a candy salad that’s festive! I want to make boo baskets, set out pumpkins, light fall candles and watch spooky movies. All while cooking the most comforting dishes ever. Doing these things during the week makes it feel like the month is longer. When I save everything for the weekend, it happens so quickly and is over! Every week gets one (or two? three?) big festive fall meal. This might mean pumpkin soup with grilled cheese. Baked oatmeal. Pumpkin cake! The list goes on. My kids have been loving it. My Very Specific October Grocery List...Continue reading this post for free in the Substack app
|
Friday, October 2, 2026
My October Operating System.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment