Friday, November 17, 2023

πŸ˜‹ Meal Prep Lunches That Aren't Salads!

Hey reader!

You probably already know I'm a bit mason jar salad obsessed – it's probably how you stumbled onto my stuff. I've been whipping up these salads for over a decade now, like, every single week. πŸ˜‹

πŸ₯— Yep, that's a ton of salads!

The funny thing is, I wasn't always a salad enthusiast. The only time I'd even consider one was when eating out for dinner or lunch. But then, mason jar salads came into my life, and bam!

Now, I can't go a day without my veggie-packed jar.

But enough about salads. This email is all about lunch ideas that don't involve leafy greens.

I totally get it; not everyone's crazy about salads, and sometimes you just crave something different.

Well, I've got a bunch of lunch ideas that I think you'll enjoy, and the best part is you can prep them in advance.

Yep, because, in my opinion, there's no point in a recipe if it can't be made ahead of time!

Let's start with meal prep bowls.

πŸ‘‰ If you're all about cooking once and having your lunch ready for the whole week, meal prep bowls are the way to go.

So, what exactly are they?

Well, a meal prep bowl takes a recipe and breaks it down into five individual servings. Depending on the recipe, you can enjoy them hot or cold. I've got the lowdown on turning any recipe into a meal prep bowl in this tutorial on my blog.

Meal prep bowls are like your own personal homemade Lean Cuisines but waaaaaay better and cheaper!

The best part? You can convert most recipes into meal prep bowls for the whole week. Here are a few of my all-time faves to get your creative juices flowing:

🍜 Now, another fantastic lunch option that's always in our rotation is soup or chili. We don't limit these to just one season – they're a year-round thing for us because they're a fantastic way to sneak in those veggies.

My go-to move is whipping up a big pot of one of these goodies and then freezing it into individual portions. That way, I've got a quick and easy lunch all set for the week.

Here are a few of my top picks:

Another tasty lunch idea for you – overnight oats.

I know, they're typically seen as a breakfast thing, but they're just as awesome for lunch. Plus, they're super easy to prep for the whole week and packed with the good stuff to keep you feeling full and happy all afternoon.

Check out a few of my go-to picks:

So, when you're in the mood for something different from your trusty Mason jar salads, give one or more of these recipes a shot.

Tammy πŸ’•

No comments:

Post a Comment