Sunday, January 22, 2023

The best HEALTHY Treats and Snacks


Hi reader -

Looking for nutritious snacks that will help you reach New Years goals?!

Our favorite healthy treats and snack recipes to start off 2023:

1. Healthy Crunch Bars: These Healthy Crunch Bars only require three ingredients and hardly any preparation time at all! We use dark chocolate which is known to be a powerful source of antioxidants. Bonus — no need to stop by a specialty health food store– you can find everything at your local supermarket!

GET THE RECIPE: "Healthy Crunch Bars"

2. Healthy Fruit Tarts: One reader said, "Wonderful…Made these or a teacher breakfast potluck before releasing for Christmas break and they were a hit! Easy to make, and the local grocery store had all the ingredients!Thanks and glad I found your page!"


GET THE RECIPE: "Healthy Fruit Tarts"

3. Hummus: This Middle Eastern dip and spread, Hummus, is made from chickpeas, tahini, lemon, and garlic. This luxuriously creamy and flavor-packed dip is fully irresistible — especially slathered over pita chips!

GET THE RECIPE: "Hummus"

4. Healthy Chocolate Covered "Caramels": One reader said, "These are my new go to treat! So easy, tasty, and I love that they're healthier!"


GET THE RECIPE: "Healthy Caramels"

5. Fruit Salsa: Try fresh homemade Fruit Salsa with cinnamon sugar chips for dipping! Fruit Salsa is loaded with fresh raspberries, strawberries, nectarines, kiwi, and mango. The cinnamon sugar chips require only three ingredients!


GET THE RECIPE: "Fruit Salsa"

6. Healthy Apple Cake: One reader said, "No lies here, made this today and both my husband and I enjoyed this flavorful cake very much. Reminiscent of gingerbread on top of apple, and smells delicious as it bakes. Another yummy + healthy recipe! Thank you, thank you."


GET THE RECIPE: "Healthy Apple Cake"

7. Healthy Caramel Sauce: One reader said, "How delicious!! Ahh I absolutely love tilapia, and especially with a nice fruity salsa. YUM!"


GET THE RECIPE: "Healthy Caramel Sauce"

8. Banana Bites: One reader said, "Mhmmm I love how simple and delicious this recipe is! I always get struck by a HUGE chocolate craving as well, but usually reach for that jar of nutella and have one too many spoonfuls ;). I'll keep this recipe in mind for the next wave of chocolate-induced craving!"


GET THE RECIPE: "Banana Bites"

9. Healthy Banana Bread: One reader said, "I made this recipe yesterday and really loved it. It was super easy to make, and it was very tasty. I was skeptical, as some of the "healthy" recipes I've made in the past aren't very good. My husband REALLY liked it, so it passed the test!"


GET THE RECIPE: "Healthy Banana Bread"

10. Chocolate Covered Dates: Chocolate-Covered Dates make for the best snack, treat, or dessert. These indulgent-tasting treats are made with wholesome ingredients and are sure to cure your sweet tooth without any sugar hangover!


GET THE RECIPE: "Chocolate Covered Dates"

11. Healthy Chocolate Ice Cream: One reader said, "I cannot believe the silky consistency and wonderful flavor of this ice cream!!! I've been searching for a healthy ice cream and have tried a few but they had too much fat, banana or coconut flavor. I stopped looking after I made this one. Thank you for sharing it!"


GET THE RECIPE: "Healthy Chocolate Ice Cream"

12. Easy Granola: One reader said, "Husband and I loves it . Thank you for the recipe"


GET THE RECIPE: "Easy Granola"

13. Oatmeal Protein Balls: Simple seven-ingredient Oatmeal Energy Balls are filled with oats, coconut, and chunks of chocolate!


GET THE RECIPE: "Oatmeal Protein Balls"

14. Healthy Brownies: One reader said, "These are to die for! I made them right away when I read the recipe. I was having a major chocolate craving! I had to change 2 things because I didn't have what was in the recipe. I will be making them again. My mom had one and even said she would've never known they were healthier. They tasted just like the Dark Chocolate Ghirardelli brownie mix. Thanks!"


GET THE RECIPE: "Healthy Brownies"

15. Healthy Breakfast Cookies: One reader said, "Oh my gosh. I saw this and had to make them. These are the best cookies ever. How are they so healthy? Thank you, thank you for this recipe! I love your site!"


GET THE RECIPE: "Healthy Breakfast Cookies"

16. Healthy Banana Muffins: One reader said, "Thanks for the awesome muffin recipe, made them this morning for my family! Lots of good ingredients – will be making again!"


GET THE RECIPE: "Healthy Banana Muffins"

17. Healthy No Bake Cookies: One reader said, "My family wanted something sweet so I decided to whip these up since I wasn't heating up the house by using our oven. They are seriously SO SO GOOD. The coconut is such a fantastic addition that I never thought of adding in before. Will definitely be making these again."


GET THE RECIPE: "Healthy No Bake Cookies"

18. Applesauce Brownies: One reader said, "Just made these and felt compelled to leave a comment because they are SO DELICIOUS! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! It will be my new go to brownie recipe too! AWESOME RECIPE!!"


GET THE RECIPE: "Applesauce Brownies"

19. Healthy Cookie Dough Cups: One reader said, "soooo brilliant! I love these cookie dough cups-I'd feel so decadent but good about myself because they're healthyyy!!"


GET THE RECIPE: "Healthy Cookie Dough Cups"

20. Healthy Blueberry Muffins: One reader said, "I made these today and they were amazing. When I read that your husband liked them better than the real deal, I was skeptical. But these are now husband and toddler approved in my house!"


GET THE RECIPE: "Healthy Blueberry Muffins"

Curious -- did any of your favorites make this list?!

xo,
Chelsea Lords


Loving these emails? To get an email whenever I post a new recipe or article click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment