Sunday, September 4, 2022

Buttery, Soft Pretzels {New Recipe} + 10 More Recipes for the Long Weekend

I knew I would love Vicki the moment I met her, which was two summers ago during our annual trip to Lake George with Ben's family. Vicki is my brother-in-law's girlfriend, she is 100% Greek, and food is her love language.

Five minutes after her arrival, she knocked on our door, her hands loaded with goodies, coloring books and colored pencils for the children, and an enormous Tupperware filled with koulourakia, the twisted Greek Easter cookie, perfect for dunking in coffee or tea, for us.

As the week went on, Vicki would bestow us with more treats, including chicken cordon bleu, tacos served in flat-bottomed, stand-up shells, and, most memorably, these buttery soft pretzels.

Upon seeing Vicki this summer at Lake George, the first thing my children asked her was: When are you making the pretzels?

Bad manners aside, the question was fair: I wanted to know, too. These pretzels are so delicious and, true to their title, are buttery and soft in texture. Knowing their reception, Vicki always makes a double batch to ensure everyone can have two. Not an easy task in a small rental kitchen. What a gem!

This year I made sure to get the recipe, and when I asked Vicki if it was OK if I shared the recipe here, she said, Of course, noting she got the recipe years ago by searching online for an Auntie Anne's pretzel recipe.

Friends, I am so excited to share this recipe with you. These pretzels have been a massive hit with my family and, these past few weeks, with the neighborhood children passing through my kitchen, enjoying their last few days of freedom before the school year begins.


More Recipes for The Long Weekend

No-Knead Brioche Buns

Veggie Loaded Stuffed Peppers

Simple Cucumber Salad

Trader Joe's 3-Ingredient Lentil Salad

The Best Guacamole

Crowd-Pleasing (Greek Yogurt) Ranch Dip

Mixed Berry Galette

Grilled Chicken Breasts

Kristina's Pasta Salad

Strawberry Paloma Slushie (great for a crowd ๐ŸŽ‰)


In Case You Missed It...

Happy Cooking,


Alexandra Stafford



Love what you're reading? Click here to receive an alert every time I post a new recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment