Saturday, June 26, 2021

Yeasted Ciabatta Bread Recipe, At Last

A slice of ciabatta bread.

Friends, remember a few weeks ago when I shared my bread woes? The sad story about my yeast-leavened ciabatta attempts that emerged from the oven looking like giant pita pockets?

Well I finally figured out why it was happening and I wrote all about it on the blog. Warning: it's a bit of a saga, but it ends happily: with a recipe for a crisp-crusted, flour-dusted, open-crumbed loaf of ciabatta.

This recipe is nearly identical to the sourdough recipe I posted in April, but in place of the sourdough starter, you'll make a poolish: equal parts by weight flour and water with a tiny amount of yeast. Like the sourdough ciabatta bread recipe, this one takes about 24 hours start to finish, but most of the time is hands-off...

... so if you mix your dough this morning, you may find yourself with perfectly crusty, chewy slices for wiping your Sunday supper plates clean. I hope you love it.

Get the recipe and watch the video here:

Ciabatta bread video.

PS: Simple Sourdough Ciabatta

Happy Cooking,


Alexandra Stafford



Love what you're reading? Click here to receive an alert every time I post a new recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment