Sunday, June 27, 2021

⭐️NEW⭐️ Putbaechu Summer 🏖 Kimchi Recipe! Dishes I made with veggies from my 🥒 garden!!

Image item
 

Hi There!

 

Happy Weekend!!

 

I hope you are all well.. I'm well too!

 

I just posted a NEW RECIPE!! 

Putbaechu Kimchi is a great summer time kimchi that's one of my husband's most favorite kimchi. It's a pretty simple and relatively quick recipe and most importantly it's soo refreshing and bright that it just says summer like no other.

 

BTW, just FYI, I'm working on Dongchimi too! I did a poll in my FB Kicmhimari group recently about which recipe I should do next and from the list I shared,  Dongchimi was voted #1. But because Dongchimi takes a while to fully ripen, I couldn't post it just yet - not without making sure the recipe works well!

 

My vegetable garden is now in full swing - I'm harvesting Korean Aehobak (squash), cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, shishito peppers and perilla! And I will soon harvest bomdong cabbages too!

 

⚠️I've also declared a full out war with roof rats in order to protect my apricots from being eaten by them!! Those bad rats!!

I mean, I am ok sharing a few fruits with the critters but these guys just keep going through a whole bunch every night, just a couple bites on each apricot and leaving them on the fence, on the ground.. 

 

I am going to fight it with some peppermint oil but will see how that goes. If anyone has great tips on keeping roof rats off my fruits, please let me know via IG @kimchimari. 😍

 

Have a good Sunday and next week!

XOXO

JinJoo

 

 

Putbaechu (Seoul Green Cabbage) Kimchi

Image item

This Kimchi is a perfect one to make in the hot summer! Fresh red chilis adds a great extra spicy kick!! Just need 1 hr brining and then just mix the seasoning and you are done!

 

MY FIRST HARVEST

Image item

This year, I was late in starting the garden so I was worried that I might not have good harvest this year. Well, yes, it was a little late but it just so happens I am having the best year!! Everything is growing soo nicely!!

 

WHAT I COOKED THIS WEEK
Image item

Since I had lots of Korean squash from the garden, I made this wonderfully simple dish - Hobak Bokkeum. It was also requested by my husband for his father's day dinner with his favorite Tteokguk.

 You season the squash slices with some saewoojeot and then saute it lightly in pan with some garlic and perilla or sesame oil. YUM!!

You can have this just with rice or make bibimbap with it with some meat and other veggies!! 😍

 
Image item

We had some really warm days and so I made this cold cucumber soup!! This soup cools you down like no other. It's great as a side to any meal.

Image item

I think this week was surely a Banchan week - shishito peppers from the garden went into this wonderful, all time favorite banchan. Sauteed dried anchovies with Shishito peppers or Myeolchi Bokkeum 멸치볶음.

 
Block 34th

My husband's request for Father's dinner was Tteokguk and banchan. He just loves Tteokguk every which way. He even loves having leftover tteokguk the next day 😝 which I just cannot… I find it too gummy and pasty the next day but he will eat it.

Anyway, I have a few different tteokguk recipes - they are all equally delicious. Try them all and find your favorite. Click on each for the recipe.

Rice Cake Soup with Dumplings in Beef Brisket Broth

Rice Cake Soup in Anchovy Stock with Beef topping

Rice Cake Soup in Instant Pot

 

WATER KIMCHI
Image item

I'm working on Dongchimi next, but I have this fabulous pink mul kimchi with watermelon radish! Isn't it pretty?? This is an easy simple Water Radish kimchi to make for the summer!

 

Take care and stay healthy!

❤️JinJoo
Block 46th
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
Twitter
Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment