Saturday, June 12, 2021

My favorite fitness research review

Here's how I stay on top of the literature.
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

Hey there,

If you like my work, it's probably for a few reasons:

1. It's easy to understand
2. It's science-based
3. It's practical
4. It works

At least that's what I like to tell myself—don't disagree with me—and what I strive to accomplish with every piece of content that I create.

Those are the primary criteria for evaluating other people's work, too.

If someone can't explain complex things simply and logically, demonstrate an understanding of the science in play without lording it over me, and deliver pragmatic takeaways that work as promised, then I see myself out.

As you can imagine, the list of people in the fitness space who check those boxes is very short. And a few of the folks on that list are Greg Nuckols, Eric Helms, Mike Zourdos, and Eric Trexler.

If you don't know these cats, they're the troika (plus one) behind the Stronger by Science website and podcast, and they regularly turn out top-shelf evidence-based instruction in the art and science of getting jacked.

My absolute favorite work of theirs, however, is their fitness research review called MASS (Monthly Applications in Strength Sport).

There are a few reasons it prickles my processors:

  • It's written for the curious civilian, not the enlightened expert. Which isn't to say that it's dumbed down but only that it doesn't require an advanced degree to comprehend.
  • It's geared toward application (hence the name). Every issue contains at least a handful of practical tips that you can immediately use to improve your eating, training, and supplementation regimens.
  • It's inexpensive. I spend more on espresso beans than I do on MASS, which is just $25 per month—a song considering how much work goes into each issue.

Bottom line:

While there are multiple health and fitness research reviews out there to choose from, MASS sets the standards by which all of them should be judged.

That said, it isn't for everyone.

MASS is specifically for people who want access to brilliant analysis and synthesis of the latest research on strength, hypertrophy (muscle growth), body composition, and supplementation.

Which, frankly, isn't necessary for getting and staying fit. 

To do that, all you need is a grounding in calories, macros, micros, compound exercises, volume, progressive overload, deloading, and a few other odds and ends.

But if you're the curious type who loves to learn new teachings and techniques to tinker with in pursuit of that extra pound of muscle or weight on the bar, MASS is for you.

Click here to check it out:

www.buylegion.com/mass

Go for it!

Mike

P.S. Every week, I get offered eyebrow-crimpling sums of money to shill for all kinds of gewgaws—supplements (yes, even though I own a supplement company), workout gear and trinkets, DNA testing, steroids, and much more.

And if you've been in my cult tribe for a while now, you've probably noticed that I never promote other people's stuff.

There just isn't much in the health and fitness space that I can get behind, and I'm not willing to trade your trust and my integrity for pots of filthy lucre.

This is no exception.

I'm telling you about MASS because I really like it and think you may too, not because my palms need some itching.

In fact, I'm only participating in the affiliate program to track how this email performs because if it does well, I want to ask Greg and the boys if, going forward, they'll let me "trade" my sales commissions for a special deal for my gentle followers (zero sales commissions to me for a significant savings on an annual or lifetime subscription, maybe?).

So, if you were about to grab your pitchfork and torch and try to run me off the internet for selling out, let's save that for something that at least makes me rich. Deal? Deal.

Here's that link again:

www.buylegion.com/mass

Want to earn cash back on every Legion purchase you make? Click here to learn how.

Already have a Legion rewards account? Click here to view your point balance.

To update your email preferences, click here.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Legion Athletics, Inc. 1255 Cleveland St. Floor 4 Clearwater, FL 33755

No comments:

Post a Comment