Friday, May 28, 2021

Seedy Furikake Crackers

DavidLebovitz Update
 

Seedy Furikake Crackers
David, 28 May 05:28 AM

I've been out and about, here and there, but one thing that seems to follow me around is furikake. "What? A Japanese seaweed-based condiment?" you might say. While I do tend to tote French salted butter, fleur de sel, and Dijon mustard along with me on my travels, I've always loved furikake as well, and find myself craving it more and more these days. In all honestly, I get a little antsy when I don't have some around, which happened last time I tried to restock in Paris and couldn't find any.

There are different types of furikake. Some contain bonito (fish flakes) or dried shrimp, and others have bits of desiccated egg. Some are relatively mellow and others have a pleasant funk to them. In the last few years, "funky" has been a dicey word to describe certain foods, but to me, at the risk of cancellation, funky isn't a bad thing. Some of my favorite foods, like fish sauce, kimchi, and Camembert could be described as "funky" (just as songs like Funky Nassau, Uptown Funk, and Play That Funky Music use "funky" to complement, and compliment, their respective subjects) so I'm fine with having a funky-friendly blog.

Continue Reading Seedy Furikake Crackers...

 
Like   Tweet   Pin  
 
Powered by Mad Mimi®A GoDaddy® company

No comments:

Post a Comment