Saturday, May 15, 2021

Here's your Meal Plan! πŸ™Œ

Hello there!

I ended up spending the entire weekend away from my phone and computer for Mother's Day weekend, so it's been a while since I've popped up in your inbox.

I enjoyed the much-needed break away from screens, and now I'm back with even more recipes to share. I can't wait for you to try the new recipes on my website this week!



These Vegan Stuffed Shells are filled with a nut-free vegan ricotta, and my husband can't get enough of them! I hope you'll enjoy them just as much.


Cooking Videos

If you enjoy watching me cook in my own kitchen check out my latest video, and follow along step-by-step.

Cauliflower Pizza Crust. I originally posted this recipe nearly 10 years ago, but it's still popular today, and I've learned several time-saving tricks over the years to make it even easier. Watch this video to see the process step-by-step, and be sure to try the shortcuts!

P.S. If you subscribe to my YouTube channel, you'll be notified as soon as I post my next one. I always post at least 1 new video per week!


Here's What You Missed

If you haven't visited my website this week, here's what's new:

Banana Overnight Oats. This make-ahead breakfast tastes like banana bread, with a lot less effort! I love how uncooked oats are a great source of resistant starch, but you can always heat these up in the morning if you prefer.

Vegan Corn Chowder. Possibly one of the best soups I've ever made. It's dairy-free and gluten-free, yet so creamy and comforting! If you haven't tried it yet, make it a priority. It's super easy when you use a bag of frozen corn!

Almond Flour Muffins. These gluten-free muffins are fluffy and lightly sweet. My kids told me they are their new favorites!

Tofu Ricotta. Need a dairy-free swap for your favorite lasagna recipe? This one calls for only 3 main ingredients, and you can spice it up how you like! I usually add a big handful of spinach to this recipe to sneak in some extra veggies, too.

Vegan Stuffed Shells. The filling for this recipe is inspired by that tofu ricotta, but it includes a sneaky ingredient that really brings out the "cheesy" flavor. My husband said this tastes just like the real thing!

Hemp Milk. This is my favorite non-dairy milk because hemp hearts offer a complete source of plant based protein.



Dinner Ideas for the Week

Need some dinner inspiration? Here are some delicious ideas to help!

*Get the Shopping List: You can also view this week's meal plan here, and create a shopping list for it with the press of a button. Any customization you make will save to the browser you're using, so be sure to use your phone if you want to take it with you to the grocery store, or use the convenient "print" button to save your work.


Sunday: Vegan Quinoa Salad. I love making this protein-packed salad, because the leftovers make an easy packed lunch to kick-start your week! If you're not vegan, I also like it with some crumbled feta on top.

Monday: Corn Chowder. Once you taste this soup, it's hard to stop going back for more. It has the perfect amount of creaminess, and a slight kick of spice, and it's perfect served with a side salad or some homemade cornbread.

Tuesday: Vegan Pad Thai. A weekly staple in my household. It feels like you're eating a big plate of pasta, but more than half of your plate will be veggies!

Wednesday: Stuffed Shells. This is a really simple weeknight meal, since the filling comes together quickly as the pasta cooks. You can even make these ahead of time, and simply heat them up for a faster weeknight meal.

Thursday: Strawberry Spinach Salad. This combination is a must-try, especially with the Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing! Top it with your favorite protein, for a complete meal.

Friday: Cauliflower Pizza. Be sure to try the shortcuts I share to make this recipe as easy as possible. It's a great way to eat more veggies, while also enjoying your favorite pizza toppings.

Saturday: Day off from cooking! (Leftovers or take-out)


*If you try one of my recipes this week, could you please take a moment to leave a star-rating and review directly on my website? It's one of the most helpful things you can do! It let's me know which recipes you are enjoying, and it's the best place to ask questions if you have any. I read the comments there myself every day.

(It also lets Google know that other people like my recipes, and Google is what allows me to keep providing free recipes for you! We want to keep Google happy.)

Note: If you have any questions for me, the best place for me to respond is directly in the comments on my website. My email system is having issues with replies lately, so if you emailed me and didn't hear back, that's why! I read comments on my website everyday, so be sure to ask again there if I missed you.

Until next time, I hope you have a great week!

xo
Megan


P.S. Want all of your meals + snacks planned for you? The 5-Day Spring Reset includes shopping lists and meal prep guides to tell you EXACTLY what to do every day, and includes seasonal recipes that are designed to eliminate food waste.




 
My mailing address:
Detoxinista
P.O. Box 7133
Overland Park, KS 66207

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

No comments:

Post a Comment