Wednesday, May 5, 2021

did you see this easy way to know if there's sugar in your salt?

Hi Reader,

I wanted to make sure you saw this... I sent out a note yesterday about how you can get salt for ONE PENNY.

A pretty good deal for my penny pinchin' friends!

Plus it's super clean and dare I say healthy. But don't let me get ahead of myself. See what I wrote below!

--

Several years ago, when we were looking to quit eating sugar, we turned over EVERY single food label in our kitchen.


I found sugar in the most unlikely places… canned diced tomatoes, canned peas, and even in my salt! 

That last one shocked me - I can't believe there was sugar in my salt!

This was the same salt I grew up eating - the kind in the blue container with the cute girl holding an umbrella. It wasn't until I read the ingredients that I actually questioned whether or not my salt was healthy or not!

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and a crunchy friend of mine (Dr. Z) was telling me about this company that sold amazing sea salt.

If I'm being honest, I was being a bit cynical in my head thinking, "Salt. Uh-huh. Yeah, okay."

But then he's telling me about how he knows my readers are on a budget and how it's important to find good food for good prices, and that this salt was just a penny.

ONE PENNY?! For 100% pure, unrefined sea salt?! Now THAT I can get on board with…

So I reached out to Ava Jane's Kitchen and they graciously offered the same deal to you guys - an 8oz bag of salt for just a penny!

Here's the nutrition info on their salt:


  • Course, crunchy, moist sea salt
  • Unrefined, microplastics free
  • All-natural with trace minerals


On the foodie front, this salt is PERFECT for sprinkling on top of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies or homemade brownies, for crushing over hot vegetables or grilled proteins, or using with a grinder at the table for an explosion of salty goodness!

I don't know how long this deal will be available, so make sure you take advantage of it while you can.

(Or at a minimum, check your salt at home to make sure it doesn't have sugar!!)

ALL my best ♥,


PS - The only catch with the 1¢ bag of salt is that you do have to pay for shipping, BUT I look at this as a perfect opportunity to try their cold-pressed avocado oil or their caramelized cacao beans. ;)

Here's the link again to get your bag of salt for just a penny!


Popular on the Blog this Week

Before you run out to buy an Instant Pot, you must read this! Super helpful info on the 6 quart vs 8 quart comparison, how fast the Instant Pot really cooks food, hacks to make it work for you and so much more! Plus some of my go-to recipes, like Instant Pot whole chicken and Instant Pot beans.

Read More Here
Breakfast meal prep ideas for the whole week in one hour! Eight tasty recipes (some with no eggs!) that adapt for weight loss, low carb or bodybuilding. You'll love the homemade breakfast sausage and peanut butter granola bars!

Read More Here
Enjoy this healthy Cashew Chicken recipe for a quick weeknight dinner. It's easy, keto-friendly, and the kids always love it! Serve perfectly over our Instant Pot Brown Rice or Coconut Rice! 

Read More Here

Freshly Updated

Need a cheap & easy substitute for vanilla? Here are the best 15 Vanilla Extract Substitutes and how to use them. Perfect for all of your baking from brownies to cookies, frosting, cheesecake and bread – even ice cream!

Read More Here
If your armpits are stinky, or you're switching to a natural deodorant, chances are you need an armpit detox! This simple method uses bentonite clay and optional apple cider vinegar. It's quick, easy, and inexpensive! 

Read More Here
These sourdough pancakes are my family's favorite breakfast, hands down! It's the sourdough that gives these pancakes their amazing taste, and light & fluffy texture. They're quick & easy, cheap to make, and can even be made vegan! 

Read More Here

New Posts on the Blog This Week

Think sourdough bread is too complicated to bake at home? Think twice! This sourdough bread recipe is so easy & simple that I promise you will want to bake it again and again! It's delicious, frugal & healthy, plus there's no kneading required!

Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment