Wednesday, August 31, 2022

We All Start at the Bottom πŸ™‹πŸ»‍♀️

Hey there reader,

Today I want to talk about a topic I've brushed on before quickly - but I think it's worth mentioning again. Starting at the bottom.

When starting a new journey, it's normal to anticipate the finish line. I think it's an essential part of the process to envision a better life - this helps to change your mindset.


However, this anticipation can also lead to feelings of being overwhelmed.

πŸ‘‰ There's so much to do; where do I start?

πŸ‘‰ I'm completely confused.

πŸ‘‰ It seems so easy for everyone else.

Does this sound familiar?

Trust me; we've all been there.

Every single person that's accomplished any goal in life starts at the bottom; that's the only place to start.

Nobody begins their journey as a success or an expert; that's the whole point of a journey.

To learn, grow, fail, and succeed. Starting at the bottom is part of that process.

That's how true success evolves.

I started my weight loss journey 10+ years ago. On that first day, I weighed 177 pounds and had no clue how to meal prep or even cook a real meal. Exercise consisted of walking 1 mile around the neighborhood.

Today, I'm different and haven't seen 177 pounds since 2010. My habits have changed, and even though I struggle sometimes, I continue to progress toward my goals.

Also, keep in mind life changes aren't easy for anyone. Sure some habits might be easier for others, but everyone struggles with something.

I genuinely believe that the sweetness is in the struggle.

If you want to discover what you're made of, do something totally outside your comfort zone, allow yourself to struggle, and push yourself to become a better version.

Always remember...

It's not the goal that changes your life; it's the process of accomplishing the goal.

With that said, I think it's important to remember life at the bottom - when you're starting. This helps you remember where you came from and appreciate all the hard work it took to get where you are today.

So instead of having envy when seeing someone's accomplishments appreciate the work that went into it and feel hopeful that if they can do it, so can you.

I hope you find this motivational if you're just getting started on your weight loss journey. Who you are today isn't the person you're going to be one year from now. You got this!

Have a great week!

Tammy Overhoff

PS. Check out the OYS 30-Day Reset & Flourish eBook Bundle. You'll get the four weeks of healthy delicious make-ahead meal plans, four weeks of exercise routines, and four weeks of easy habit challenges. Plus, the Organize Yourself Skinny ebook with all of my proven strategies for fitting a healthy lifestyle into your hectic schedule. It's the best way to get started! Grab it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment