Monday, June 14, 2021

OYS Weekly Meal Plan & Exercise Schedule (June 14th, 2021)



Hey there reader


This week I'm starting something different for my email subscribers. Instead of jamming my meal plan into the Sunday newsletter, I will share it in a dedicated email on Mondays.

My weekly meal plans have seen an evolution over the past ten years. Up until last year, I only shared it on the Organize Yourself Skinny blog. Well, without boring you with a bunch of Google search jargon, let me just say Google didn't like my meal plan posts, and it was starting to hurt the search traffic of other blog posts. Unfortunately, Google search traffic is essential to the success of my blog, so I do need to pay attention to what they like and don't.

However, readers (that's you) have told me time and time again that you want my weekly meal plan posts. So, I started to share them in the weekly newsletter, but I felt it was too clunky and unorganized.

This brings us to now. I decided to give my meal plan its own day - Monday. So if If you want to receive the free weekly meal plan email, then all you need to do is the link click below.

Yes, I want to receive the OYS weekly meal plan email on Mondays.

If you don't want to receive it, you don't need to do anything; I'll make sure you don't get on the meal plan list.

Okay, let's get to it.

These are the recipes I'm making this week.

Breakfast

Blueberry Smoothie

Banana Baked Oatmeal Cups (for kids) (not pictured)

Lunch

Smoked Turkey Mason Jar Salad

Pita pizzas (for kids) (not pictured)

Dinner

Cheeseburger Wraps

Italian Stuffed Peppers

Turkey Meatloaf with Zucchini and Feta with roasted sweet potatoes

Pork chops with Mushroom gravy with mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli - I'm using this recipe from Nyssa Kitchen.

Grilled Italian Chicken and with Store-bought Caesar Salad Kits

Snacks

Yogurt Bowls with Almond Butter Granola

Exercise Schedule

My goal this week is to exercise 4-5 times. I'm finally getting back into a groove with exercising after falling off track for a couple of months.

Here's the routine I'll follow:

Monday - Cardio, arms, and core

Tuesday – Cardio, legs, and core

Wednesday – Cardio, arms, and core

Thursday –Cardio, legs, and core

Friday - Cardio and combo strength-training

Sunday – Cardio and combo strength-training

For cardio, I do 45 minutes on the treadmill which is a combination of running and power-walking at inclines.

For toning, I do basic toning moves like bicep curls, tricep extensions, squats, lounges, and exercise moves like that. I use 5 – 8lb weights.

If you are interested in more specifics I follow the exercise routines that I put together for the OYS eBook Bundle.

Habits to focus on

One of my favorite quotes is "Success is found in the daily habit". So while food and exercise is super important with losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, your everyday habits also have a big impact.

The habits I'm focusing on this week are:

Drink more water. Not just drinking but tracking it because it's easy to think I'm drinking enough when I'm actually not. I use a 32-ounce water bottle that I use to track the amount of water I'm drinking. I got it from Target.

Wake up at 5:00 am. You know I'm a morning person, but I've been struggling to get out of bed before 6:30 am for the last couple of months. I know this is still early, but I need to get up earlier to exercise, get ready, and start work by 8:00 am.

Okay, that's it for this week. My goal is to make these emails as helpful as possible, so don't be shy about replying with any thoughts or suggestions.

Talk to you soon.


Tammy

Organize Yourself Skinny



Unsubscribe | Update your profile | PO Box 677, Kenmore, NY 14217

No comments:

Post a Comment