Monday, June 28, 2021

Magic Fish Seasoning & Postcard #4 from Tasmania


Today's Postcard from Tasmania is dedicated to fellow Sydney-siders who have just gone back into Lockdown…..

As for the recipe? This might "just" be a simple recipe for a spice mix. But the magic is in what it can do to any fish! - Nagi xx (& Dozer in spirit from his own holiday at the Golden Retriever Boarder's place)


Fish Seasoning

Get the recipe


Postcards from Tasmania!

{In case you missed them, click here for Postcard #1, Postcard #2 and Postcard #3!}

Just when we thought life was starting to return to normal, Sydney has gone back into lockdown with another outbreak of COVID. 😢 Sydney - we got through it before and we'll get through it again. Check in on our neighbours, especially the vulnerable. Share your toilet paper!! And let's support our local businesses how we can. ❤️ Never ate so much takeout as I did during Lockdown 1.0… I'm prepared to do it again! 💪🏼

Meanwhile… I feel almost guilty sending this latest Postcard from Tasmania where I'm still running free. If I could get Dozer shipped down to join me, I'd seriously consider staying!

I've been raving about this trip to Tasmania so much, my friends are really worried I'm going to come home to Sydney and announce that I've bought a farm and am moving down here permanently!!!

Since leaving the Piermont Resort in Swansea (Postcard #3 for snippets!), we headed up to Launceston to do the foodie trail then back down to Hobart to continue visiting farm gates down here. I plan to write a list of the itinerary, noting highlights as well as a list of other places we had planned to but ran out of time to visit.

While I enjoyed everywhere we visited, some of the standouts for me were:

Fat Pig Farm - Owned and run by the well respected former Sydney food critic Matthew Evans and his partner Sadie, this is a working farm just outside of Hobart famed for the farm-to-table lunches they host along with tours of their farm. #LivingTheDream Featured in the SBS TV series Gourmet Farmer, this one's a must visit for any foodie visiting Tasmania!

Tongola Goat's Cheese - Lesser known and not yet officially open to the public, this is handmade Australian goat cheese at its finest. Run by Iain and his wife Kate, Iain's PhD in ecology is certainly a secret weapon that makes his award winning cheese. It's incomparable to the mass produced goat's cheese we find in stores back in Sydney. Breaks my heart that I can't get Tongola back home!!

The Truffledore - Though it's not the peak of truffle season, it was really interesting to visit and talk to the owners of this Truffle farm near Launceston and hear first hand about the art of growing - and hunting! - truffles.


The Tasmanian Kitchen Pantry - Walk onto the farm, choose the veg you want, dig it out of the ground. Doesn't get any fresher than that!!


There's so many other places we went to worth a mention but I've run out of time, getting booted out of the Air BNB I'm in!! So signing off for now.

One more postcard coming with the ultimate highlight of the trip - which involves me back in the kitchen!!! - Nagi x



Life of Dozer

When I cheated on Dozer with Elsie the Goldie at Meadowbank Vineyards in Tasmania…

…and Dozer howled in protest when he heard about it….😂


- Nagi x



No comments:

Post a Comment