Saturday, June 12, 2021

Here's your Meal Plan! 😘

Hello again!

I hope this email finds you well, and that you're enjoying your summer so far. My family's schedule is getting busier this month, so I've been filming lots of content over the past two weeks to try to keep up!

What I'm most excited about is a HUGE air fryer review that's coming. If you've been curious about air fryers, I currently have 9 different models sitting in my home that I've been testing, so you can skip the guessing game! I'll tell you which one is the most non-toxic, which one is best for large families, how I use mine most often, and more. This is a huge video for me to film all by myself (it's taken 3 full days so far!) so I'll share it as soon as I can get everything edited together.

In the meantime, enjoy the new recipes on the website this week!




This Chocolate Granola is a fun weekend baking project! It reminds me of Cocao Puffs, but this version is made with nutrient-dense ingredients that will leave you feeling satisfied.


Cooking Videos

If you enjoy watching me cook in my own kitchen check out my latest video, and follow along step-by-step.

Tofu Scramble. Watch me make this easy breakfast (or dinner!) option in just minutes. There's no need to press the tofu, and it doesn't even taste like tofu when you're done with it! Try the secret ingredient mentioned in the video to make it taste extra egg-like.

P.S. If you subscribe to my YouTube channel, you'll be notified as soon as I post my next one. I always post at least 1 new video per week!


Here's What You Missed

If you haven't visited my website this week, here's what's new:

Tofu Scramble.  This scramble has converted my not-tofu-loving spouse. He told me if he didn't know he was eating tofu, he would have thought it was simply scrambled eggs! It's loaded with protein and veggies, and is the perfect meal when you want to feel full for hours.

Chocolate Granola. This rich chocolate recipe can be enjoyed as a snack on the go, or as an easy make-ahead breakfast with fruit. I love serving it with hemp milk for extra plant-based protein.


Dinner Ideas for the Week

Need some dinner inspiration? Here are some delicious ideas to help!

*Get the Shopping List: You can also view this week's meal plan here, and create a shopping list for it with the press of a button. Any customization you make will save to the browser you're using, so be sure to use your phone if you want to take it with you to the grocery store, or use the convenient "print" button to save your work.


Sunday: Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad. This pasta salad is a comforting way to eat more veggies, tossed in an easy dairy-free sauce. The leftovers will make an easy lunch the next day!

Monday: Nut Roast. I love making this recipe when I want comfort food, and leftovers. Serve it with Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes (because they cook in 8 minutes!) and my favorite gravy for a holiday-like meal.

Tuesday: Baked Portobello Mushrooms. I love making these big "meaty" mushrooms the star of the show sometimes! Serve them with leftover mashed potatoes & gravy from the night before, or try them as a burger or taco filling.

Wednesday: Peanut Noodles. This is one of my favorite dishes of all time, if you haven't tried it yet! I love how many veggies sneak into this dish, since you feel like you're eating a big plate of pasta! Top it with Crispy Baked Tofu for extra protein.

Thursday: Tofu Scramble. Try this as a "breakfast for dinner" meal! I like to serve it with oven-roasted potatoes on the side.

Friday: Zucchini Pizza Boats. This is one of my favorite ways to use up Summer zucchini! Pile on your favorite pizza toppings as a delicious vegetable-forward meal.

Saturday: Day off from cooking! (Leftovers or take-out)



Want all of your meals + snacks planned for you? The 5-Day Spring Reset includes shopping lists and meal prep guides to tell you EXACTLY what to do every day, and includes seasonal recipes that are designed to eliminate food waste.

There's also a 5-Day Summer Reset, if you want more warm weather recipes to try!



Zucchini Recipes to Try

Take advantage of this seasonal produce with the following recipes.

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. Try these as a weekend brunch, or sweet snack this week! It's hard to believe they're flourless, because they are so cake-like.

Creamy Zucchini Smoothie. A delicious way to sneak extra veggies into your morning.

Zucchini Oatmeal. It tastes like zucchini bread in a bowl! A great way to get more veggies into your day.

Zucchini Lasagna. A low-carb option for when you want to skip the real pasta. I love the extra serving of veggies in each bite!

Coconut Flour Zucchini Bread. This is an old recipe that I created when I was first experimenting with grain-free baking. I actually prefer baking this as muffins, if you want a shorter baking time!

How to Freeze Zucchini. Can't use up all of the zucchini you have this week? Here's how to freeze it, so you won't have any food waste!



*If you try a recipe this week, please take a moment to leave a star-rating and review directly on my website. It's one of the most helpful things you can do! It let's me know which recipes you are enjoying, and it's the best place to ask questions if you have any.

(It also lets Google know that other people like my recipes, and Google is what allows me to keep providing free recipes for you! We want to keep Google happy.)

Note: If you have any questions for me, the best place for me to respond is directly in the comments on my website. My email system is having issues with replies lately, so if you emailed me and didn't hear back, that's why! I read comments on my website everyday, so be sure to ask again there if I missed you.

Until next time, I hope you have a great week!

xo
Megan







 
My mailing address:
Detoxinista
P.O. Box 7133
Overland Park, KS 66207

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

No comments:

Post a Comment