Saturday, June 19, 2021

🎉 Celebrate Father's Day 🤠 with 🥣Yukgaejang, Baeksuk, Jeons for Anju and more!

Image item
 

Hi There!

🍹Happy FATHER'S DAY!!🥂

 

I hope you have some great plans for Father's day!! 

One thing though..I never know.. whether it's a good thing to recommend BBQ for Father's day or not…haha.. since aren't we supposed to let them relax on this day?? 

Or do Fathers really enjoy BBQing 😝 and us asking them to grill for the family really makes them happy?? 😂🤣

 

Well, anyway, I've already shared a bunch of BBQ dishes for Father's day in my June newsletter so I won't include those but here are some other dishes that Fathers may enjoy.

 

BTW, I started working on my next 2 Kimchi recipes this week… Dongchimi and Eolgari Baechu or Put Baechu Kimchi (얼갈이배추 or 풋배추김치) which is called as Seoul Green Cabbage in the US. The Dongchimi is actually a winter Kimchi but was requested by my FB group members and the Put Baechu Kimchi is a great summer kimchi so I had to make a recipe of it - which will be coming next week.

 

I just tasted my first batch of Put Baechu Kimchi today and it was soo refreshing and amazing that I can't wait to share them with you!!! 

BTW, I'm sharing a sneak peek of it below - 

 

XOXO ❤️

JinJoo

PS - THANK YOU ALL FATHERS!! YOU guys are the BEST!!

 

 

Image item

Seoul Green Cabbage Kimchi (Putbaechu aka Eolgari Baechu Kimchi)

 

KOREAN FATHER'S DAY FOODS

Image item

Besides Korean BBQ, some Fathers may enjoy some good soup and jeons with some maybe Makgeolli?! So.. how about a great spicy and hearty Beef Yukgaejang Guk for your dad?

Layout 18
Image item

Simple but delicious Baeksuk (Chicken Soup)! You can also add some Ginseng to make Samgyetang instead - if your dad needs some energy boost.

 
Image item

Whatever version chicken soup you make, don't forget to make this Dakjuk (Chicken Rice Porridge) with leftover bones. Soo comforting!! My favorite way to finish a meal. 

And if you read my post, I share how this was my dad's favorite thing to cook for all of us when I was little..💕 I miss you Dad!! 😍

Yummy JEONS as ANJU!
Block 30th

Traditionally Anju (appetizer to go with your Soju or Makgeolli) for Koreans are often some kind of Jeon.. and these will also go wonderfully well with your soups so why not make some and make a meal!! BTW, these are also great as appetizers if you are invited to a potluck party.

Here are the recipes - just click on each name below for RECIPE - from top left to right

Spicy Pork Ribs Jorim

Image item

If I was a dad, I would probably ask for this dish. 😝hehe..

It's my absolute favorite pork ribs recipe - you can make it as spicy as you want by adding lots of spicy green chilis or mild as you want by adding Shishito peppers instead. 

It is not sweet but just salty and spicy which is just crazy delicious!!

If you make this dish, I would make some rice, mild jeons or maybe a Gamja Salad to balance out the spicy or salty flavors. YUM YUM!!

Image item

Here's a picture of Grilled Pork Belly with some onions. Here I grilled some pork belly marinated in red wine or white wine. You can also grill them plain without a marinade. Check out recipes and how to's in the link below.

 

Take care and stay healthy!

❤️JinJoo
Block 49th
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
Twitter
Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment