It feels like we packed about three seasons of life into the past 7 days. I took my oldest off to college and got him settled into his new place, and now I’m soaking up the last little bit of time with my 18-year-old before he leaves the country for a couple of years (lots of packing and prepping still to do). He’s currently getting priority dinner-picking privileges, so I’ve been making all his favorites. ❤️
Meanwhile, fall apparently got the memo that September arrived because our weather flipped almost overnight. We’ve had cool mornings, I lit my first fall candle, and soup has officially made its way back onto the menu. If history tells me anything, the weather could switch back to scorching summer at any point but I'm rolling with it for now.
So this week I’m sharing a few things that have been on our table lately, plus a decidedly fall-ish Good List with some of my favorite things for the kitchen and a couple from my closet.
Have a great weekend!
xo, Sara
On Our Table This Week
Here's a few things that we ate at our house this week if you need some ideas!
White Chicken Chili- my son's first request and no surprise to me, it's his favorite!
Smoked Tri Tip- One of our favorites. I served this with the potatoes and onions below.
Oven Roasted Tri Tip - I bought a 2-pack from Costco, so after oven-roasting one, I smoked the other one the next night. Had a few leftovers from this one and it was sooo good the next day on a steak sandwich.
Smoky Potatoes and Onions- I par-boiled these and tossed them on the smoker instead of roasting them in the oven and they were so good!
The Good List is where I share the food, finds, and everyday favorites I'd tell you about if you were sitting at my kitchen counter!
This isn't the first time my favorite Staub pot has made The Good List, but it's getting a replay because starting about this time of year, I just leave it on my stove top all the time since I'm using it so often. It's my favorite for soups, stews, and oven-braised dishes and will literally last your lifetime and then some! It comes in a rainbow of colors, but I'm actually a fan of black because it's the easiest to keep looking clean!
I'm constantly talking about this spoon. It's so handy! Now that soup season is rolling in, this ladle is designed to rest on the rim of the pot (AND you can leave it there and still put the lid on) so no more ladles falling in the soup or having to set it aside on a spoon rest. This is one of my favorite gifts to give, too!
This bestselling sweater is such a great staple piece. It's 100% Organic cotton and comes in so many great colors- and the price is super reasonable. It's an oversized comfy fit (hence the name- boyfriend sweater). I've had mine since last fall and love it so much I just bought a second one in another color.
One of the quickest and easiest ways to update a space and add a little whimsey is with switch plates! I swapped out the white plastic on my light switches and outlet covers in my laundry room with these gold floral ones and it's amazing what it does for a room- it makes me smile every time I hit the switch.
I grabbed this jacket recently while on vacation. It's warm while being super light and thin. I love the white, and the quilted pattern looks great over sweaters.
Some product links may be affiliate links, which simply means I may earn a small commission if you purchase through them. That said, nothing on The Good List is ever sponsored or part of a brand partnership - these are all things I buy myself and love enough to share with my friends (that’s you!)
Sara Wells
Sara Wells co-founded Our Best Bites in 2008. She is the author of three Bestselling Cook Books, Best Bites: 150 Family Favorite Recipes, Savoring the Seasons with Our Best Bites, and 400 Calories or Less from Our Best Bites. Sara’s work has been featured in many local and national news outlets and publications such as Parenting Magazine, Better Homes & Gardens, Fine Cooking, The Rachel Ray Show and the New York Times.
No comments:
Post a Comment