Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Boston Cream Pie

DavidLebovitz Update
 

Boston Cream Pie
David, 18 May 12:02 PM

Boston Cream Pie is one of my favorite desserts of all time. It was one of the options in the cafeteria line at my elementary school and the one I always grabbed and put on my tray, next to my codfish sticks, boiled potatoes with parsley, and butter sandwiches on dense Pepperidge Farm-style white bread, which they served in half-portions, each rectangle slipped into a brown waxed bag. (The other option was peanut butter.)

I still remember finishing lunch and diving in with my fork to that wedge of golden sponge cake filled with rich, vanilla custard. In a world that seems hopelessly in favor of milk chocolate (which I've come to appreciate), there was a deep-dark chocolate glaze on top, which may have been my first taste of bittersweet chocolate. And one I never forgot.

Continue Reading Boston Cream Pie...

 
Like   Tweet   Pin  
 
Powered by Mad Mimi®A GoDaddy® company

No comments:

Post a Comment